Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Slimy fun

My daughter had no school today due to the district having a half a day. She is only in half a day kindergarten so they just give them the day off for both A.M. and P.M. Though we were both feeling under the weather I didn't want the day wasted in front of the TV. I got this recipe for slime from our visit to the Boston Museum of Science. It's super easy and fun.

All you need is borax, water, food coloring, and glue. You can use white glue for a creamy looking slime or the clear glue. We used white glue, I buy two for a dollar at the Dollar Tree since we are using the entire bottle.

1) First take a cup of water and dissolve a teaspoon of borax right in the measuring cup.
2) In a bowl empty the bottle of glue then add a half cup water.
3) Add food coloring and stir it up.
4) Then add the borax mixture.
5) Stir it up.
6) Once you see it sticking together start kneading it with your hands.
7) Once a majority if not all the liquid is soaked in you are all set to play with it.

Things happen quickly so this takes minutes. Luckily it cleans up easily. Just make sure your kiddos don't flick the slime around like my daughter did. Still it wasn't terrible to clean. It's what I get thinking I could leave her with it while I folded laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment