1/2 of a 12-oz (350-g) pkg uncooked turkey bacon (see Cook’s Tip)
1 medium onion
4 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1 pkg (14.5 oz or 411 g) uncooked multigrain bow-tie pasta (5 cups/1.25 L)
1 carton (32 oz/1 L) unsalted chicken stock
1 can (12 oz or 370 mL) fat-free evaporated milk
1 oz (30 g) fresh Parmesan cheese
4 oz (125 g) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen peas, thawed
1. Stack bacon and cut in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise using Santoku Knife.
2. Cook bacon in 11- or 12-in. (28- or 30-cm) Skillet over medium heat 4–5 minutes or until browned. Meanwhile, finely chop onion using Food Chopper.
3. Add onion, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and pepper flakes to Skillet. Cook another 3–4 minutes or until onion is tender.
4. Add pasta, stock and evaporated milk. Cover and bring to a simmer. (Do not boil.) Simmer 12–14 minutes or until pasta is still a little firm, stirring occasionally.
5. Grate Parmesan using Rotary Grater. Remove Skillet from heat. Stir in cream cheese, peas and Parmesan.
6. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until sauce is thick and creamy.
This is the recipe available on the Pampered Chef website. I don't use the fat free or light ingredients. I also don't care for Turkey bacon, so I usually do a maple bacon. The Pampered Chef consultant that did the party I attended made this recipe with frozen asparagus instead of the peas. This is now I prefer to make it.