Tuesday, April 14, 2015

To My Daughters

To My Daughters

To my first daughter,
You taught me how to love unconditionally.
You taught me how to slow down and enjoy the simple things.
You taught me how to see the world through the eyes of a child again.
I’m sorry I wasn't confident as a mom.
I’m sorry I questioned things too often.
I’m sorry I pushed you to learn the next thing.

To my second daughter,
You taught me I can do great things if I try.
You taught me to be confident in my decisions.
You taught me my heart is as big as I let it be.
I’m sorry I can be impatient.
I’m sorry I have to rush you around.
I’m sorry I can’t give you all of my attention.

To both my daughters,
Thank you both for every smile, hug, kiss, laugh, and cuddle.
Thank you both for forgiving me when I’m being short with you.
Thank you both for reminding me what life is all about
I promise to always find time for you
I promise to always respect you as a person
I promise to love you both with all my heart

Feeling the mommy guilt this morning I felt like I wanted my girls to know how I feel. As much as I a parenting them the same, I'm raising them completely different due to the fact they are effected by the other, schedules, and my growth and how I change as a mom. Things are different, when Morrigan was a baby I had all the time in the world to give her. I never had an obligation other than keeping house. For Freya, I have my schedule, Morrigan's schedule, Chris's schedule to work around as well as Freya's schedule. Its not as easy going as it was when Morrigan was a baby and it makes me feel guilty. But when Morrigan was first born I was afraid to do what I wanted to do. I wanted to breastfed but didn't know how. There wasn't a internet community like there is now. Also, there are far more services out there for breastfeeding support. I'm so much more of a confident mom now, 8 years later, I know I can figure things out for myself. I have learned so much from each of my girls. I am so thankful for what they both have given to me, all they have contributed to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment