Thursday, April 9, 2015

Saucy Asian Meatballs


Ingredients:

For the meatballs:
1 lb of ground beef
1 tsp. sesame oil
½ cup of Panko breadcrumbs
¼ tsp. of ground ginger
1 egg
3 tsp. of minced garlic
½ of thinly sliced green onions

For the sauce:
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1/8 cup rice vinegar
1 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1/2 tsp. ground ginger

Preheat your oven to 400°F (by the way, I just learned how to make the symbol for Fahrenheit, click here to learn how.)

 In a large bowl, mix together all the meatball ingredients. I used my clean hands and really dug in to mix it well. Shape the mixture into tiny meat-a-balls. I made mine a little big since it was only me and Chris eating them. If you make them 1 and a ½ inches this recipe will yield roughly 15 meatballs. I just like my meatballs bigger. I then placed them on a greased cookie sheet and baked them for 12-14 minutes (10 mins if smaller)

While the meatballs are in the oven, whip together the sauce. Whisk together all the sauce ingredients. Then, when the meatballs are done toss the meatballs and sauce together.


You can add some green onions on top, maybe sprinkle some sesame seeds on top for good measure. I served the meatballs with white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment